Wednesday 17 April 2013

Mid sems over!!

This year at uni, things are happening a bit differently. I'm taking five subjects, three are 2 unit courses and two are 1 unit courses. The 1 unit courses are physiology and chronic conditions. Because they weigh less, I had mid-sems for those two subjects. On top of that, I submitted my first assignment this year for my social work subject. At the beginning of the year when I looked at a list of all my assessments I was overwhelmed by the sheer amount of it all. But I kept to my study regime (writing notes out for every lecture and tute of the week and study sesch with Jeffy on Saturdays) and I found that the closer I got to deadlines, the feeling of being crushed by a humungous pile of assessment decreased, and my workload actually seemed manageable! :)

First came my social working subject. We were asked to critique, apply, compare and contrast the three models of health in a 2500 word essay. At the beginning, I felt no need to start it, but questions my classmates were asking in the tute (regarding the essay) were starting to scare me and pressure me into starting the essay. So, I decided to start! :D I began by collating information into a large table which would be the structure to my essay. Once I had the information, it all seemed pretty easy, just a long, strenuous process -_- I wanted to finish it before the physiology exam because I knew that straight after the physiology exam I would have to study for chronic conditions, and since the essay was due on the day of the CC exam, I would have to do it. I don't even know if what I'm typing make sense lol but eh. :) Yoh get the general jist. Oh and did I mention I spent all of mid sem holidays working on this? sigh

Anyways, den came physiology. I had done all the notes so it was all a matter of memorising what I had written. It was all pretty straight forward.. until the exam. This exam was worth 20% but was only a mere 30 minutes (unheard of aye!)! I came into the exam pretty sure of all the content (I was pretty sure I had memorised everything) and started reading the multi choice questions feeling ok about them (some were a bit ambiguous, but eh I'll figure it out later) during perusal, but when I looked at the short answer questions.. I thought to myself "what"? I should've known physiology would have some sort of weird application question in stall for us. By the time I got to that section, there was about 10 minutes left to do 3 short answer questions eek! Normally I'm not like this!! I have heaps of time to spare! :( aww. so I quickly rushed through them. For one question, I started writing down the right answer and then I crossed it out! >:((( argh! so angry with myself. Lost a good 5 marks. BUT alas!!! The past is past and I know to better prepare myself for application questions next time for physiology :) Oh and I got the same mark as Katie, so that makes me feel a tad better ^_^ hehe

After that exam, there was no time for celebration, as CC was coming right up! I found the content for this subject much more difficult to study than phyl. Mainly because there was just so much content involved. Memorising everything proved a challenge. The whole time leading up to the exam (except for the day before the exam), I assumed that it was short answer for some strange reason, so I was trying to memorise all the exact wordings and definitions from my notes. I then found out the day before the exam that it was multi choice. I did the practice exam and it was really easy, so the night before, I just went through my notes one last time, watched an ep of elementary and then proceeded to sleep at 10. :) The next morning, I got up early, studied on the bus, went into the exam, did about half of it in perusal and finished really early. I dare not say the exam was easy though. I'll see how my results turn out ^^" but I know God helped me every step of the way. I was trying to rely on him especially this exam. I know He is faithful and will be with me in everything that I do. Praise Him!

0 comments:

Post a Comment